Rekindle the Fire
We are Catholic men who seek to Rekindle the Fire of Christ's love within us, and become better leaders, friends, husbands, fathers and sons; the men God calls us to be, through prayer, fellowship, faith and spiritual service to our family, parish and community.
We will meet consistently throughout the year to:
- Engage the Word of God through Scripture study
- Deepen our faith in the Catholic Church through catechesis
- Share in each other's faith journey
We aspire to:
- Imitate Christ
- Become the men God has called us to be
- Welcome men at any point in their spiritual journey and help them grow in their faith
- Develop Christ centered friendships with other men
- Intensify our love for our families and friends and lead them on the pathway to Heaven
- Deepen our daily prayer life and become more active in our sacramental life through a regimen of spiritual discipline
- Increase our knowledge of the Catholic faith
- Promote and perform spiritual and corporal service to our families, parish and community
- Take personal responsibility for our actions as men, especially in the role of fathers, husbands, friends and leaders, and to hold other men accountable for their actions
- Maintain union with and obedience to our Pastors, Bishops and the Pope
Our Prayer for Priests
Heavenly Father, we thank you for our priests and their dedication to us as members of Church.
We ask you to help us remember that it is through these holy men,
We are brought into the Your Church,
We are confirmed in Your love,
We are united in matrimony,
We are able to reconcile our sins,
We are able to receive Your only Son,
We are healed.
We thank you Lord for these men who are dedicated to us.
Without them we could never get close to You.
We ask that you comfort them when they hurt,
Give them strength when tired,
Give them the wisdom to teach us Your ways,
Lessen their burden as we place ours upon them.
We desire to never forget their sacrifice You made for us.
Jesus, keep them all close to your heart,
And bless them abundantly in time and eternity.